Joyce Makes Three

Joyce Makes Three

PREVIOUS BLOG

My previous blog can still be viewed at http://mjbcoffee.blogspot.com
I began writing this blog April 11, 2007 and my last entry was August 18, 2008.

Friday, October 17, 2008

I Knew It Was Going To Happen

Well, I knew it was going to happen when Bob told me that he would drive me any place I wanted to go, because he doesn't want me to get lost and have to have a policeman bring me home like I did when we lived in Edinburg after living there for fifteen years.

First I have to explain how up and down the stock market has been the last few weeks.  You realize it has lost a ton of money; therefore Bob assumes we lost a fortune also; true or not.  Time will tell.

SO-O-O-O, this afternoon I asked him to take me to Michaels, so I could use one of my 50% off coupons.  He said he would; but we should be careful about what we spend for awhile; because he just bought some shelves for $160 dollars, and a new weed eater for ??? dollars.  I didn't know he had done that.  What else that he isn't telling you is that he spends $40.00 dollars a week on cigarettes; and I stopped smoking 5 years ago.  (HINT! HINT!  Look at the money I have saved from not smoking; of course I haven't told you how much money I have spent on my relative new hobby of greeting card making with rubber stamps or that I spent $80 dollars last night on Cuttlebug folders to support my habit of gathering items to make greeting cards.)

The outcome of this whole outburst is that I didn't go to Michaels.  Dag-gum-it!!!!!!!!!!  AND I knew  this would happen, that he would try to control my spending by insisting on driving me everywhere I go.  You would think I spend all of our money and I didn't earn any money or earned retirement money. 

P.S.  Since this appears to be a "Bash Bob" blog today; I have to tell you what else he did.  I keep an empty Walmart or HEB plastic bag for my trash beside the couch where I spend the most of my time in the loft here at Diane's house.  Bob always takes my bag of trash to the larger trash can and leaves me without a small plastic bag.  

Well!!!!!!!!!!!  This afternoon he tried to take my little trash bag and I told him,  "NO-O-O!!!!!!!!  it wasn't full."  He gave me one of those disgusted sighs and looks and left it.  Thank goodness!

Sometimes I think we are like oil and water; but we have been married for 45 years, so-o-o-o we must have blended together some time or another.  LOL  LOL  LOL Oh - we have 3 daughters, 3 sons-in-law, 6 grandchildren, 2 grand-dogs, and 5 grand-cats and maybe I have counted wrong.




4 comments:

Stonefrog said...

Even with losing half our savings, Michael says the money will come back. To tell the truth I don't believe it will for a long, long time, if ever. We are a baby step from a depression. That said, we have to live and be happy. Hobbies and giving are the engines of feeling good. I love your spunk!!

joybob said...

Stonefrog, thanks for the beautiful additional pictures on my blog. I think I was in sixth grade when that picture of me in braids was taken in 1947. Old woman, that I am!!! LOL

Kristine said...

=) So funny. Thanks so much for playing in my blogiversary contest! For yours & Bob's sake...GOOD LUCK!! :)
Inky Hugs,
Kristine

Rach said...

thanks for entering my blog candy. good luck hugs rachxx